What to do if you think you have cogongrass:
- Contact your local Forestry Commission
Office or your County Extension Office as soon
- Do not mow through or near the area that has
cogongrass, especially if it is flowering, as this may
aid in dispersing the seeds.
- Do not do any soil work, such as disking or grading,
in or near the area that has cogongrass. You could
carry fragments of roots to other areas, spreading
this noxious weed.
- Do not attempt any prescribed burns in areas with
cogongrass before consulting with Forestry Commission personnel
- Be sure to thoroughly clean any/all equipment that
has been used in or near the infestation site.